Monday, January 07, 2008

A good weekend

We had a very nice weekend. On Saturday, our dryer was finally delivered. Yay! So I spent a lot of the late morning and afternoon washing all the laundry that was all over the closet floor. We went out and did some grocery shopping after that, and then came home and watched movies while I finished up some more laundry. We watched Babel, and both that it was pretty good. I enjoyed the movie, but I have to say, I don't like it when they don't tell you absolutely everything at the end of a movie.

On Sunday after Mass, they had coffee and donuts in the social hall, so we headed on down for that. We met a very nice couple and also an older lady. The older lady's name is Dorothy, and she invited me to join the Hamel home extension homemakers' club. I gave her my number and she called me already today to invite me to the meeting on Wed. I'm pretty excited about it, it'll be so nice to meet some other ladies in the area. It's an early afternoon meeting, which is perfect since I don't usually enjoy evening meetings very much since that's couples time for us. And she offered to pick me up as well, since I don't have the car during the days. I thought that was just so nice of her!

After the coffee and donuts we went to Best Buy so Ben could use some of his gift card. And we stopped at Michael's, and I used my 40% to buy Mason-Dixon Knitting. I also picked up some clearance Patons Wool for $3 for a 100gram ball. I got one ball of gold and one of burnt orange. So I can make myself some super warm fall socks.

All in all, it was a great weekend.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Melonie said...

How exciting! I hope you had a wonderful time at the meeting (by Weds I'm assuming you meant today). I can't wait to head to Michael's this weekend - now that we have power at the house again (it came on tonight, after we'd already paid for another night in lodging, of course haha) I am looking forward to doing laundry and cleaning house then getting started on some PROJECTS for '08!

YAY about your dryer arriving too. WOOHOO! :-P

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails