Friday, January 18, 2008

On My Way

I'm headed off to MI for a visit with my family. It'll be so nice to get to spend time with everyone this weekend! I'm planning to cook a big family dinner on Sunday. I think I'll make pot roast with mashed potatoes and veggies and biscuits and maybe a pie for dessert. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures! But I'll get some people in them this time, it'll be more interesting than just my food shots.

I got great news yesterday. Next month Ben's team at work is having a meeting in Orlando and going to DisneyWorld as an activity, and I get to go along! We get to stay during the meeting, Tueday to Thursday, and then we'll be staying on our own over the weekend. I've never been to DisneyWorld before, I can't wait!

I finished the hat and scarf for Angie's friend last night. Well, I finished the hat on Thursday and finished the scarf last night. They turned out pretty cute. I'll see if I can get Angie to model them for a picture. I cast on for a Pi Shawl from the Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman last night to take with me. All of EZ's great reasons for taking a shawl as travel knitting convinced me. I'm doing the plain version, so it's mostly just knitting and knitting and knitting. Which is good for visiting and such. I wanted to get it big enough to just have to bring one set of needles with me, but it's still on the 16 inch one. I packed my KnitPicks 24 inch cable and needle tips as well, so I get it on that one after the next increase round. At first I was surprised how quickly it went, but then I realized that with the project, the rounds get bigger and bigger, so it'll seem pretty endless by the time I have almost 500 stitches on the needles. I'm using some wool/angora blend yarn that's recycled from a thrift store sweater. It's a dusty light purple color.

I'd better get going and get the computer packed up so I can be on the way to the airport. But I'll do some mobile posts to update during the weekend!

Also,

Happy Birthday, Julie!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Adam J. said...

yes happy bday julie!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails