Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yarn Closet

I spent yesterday morning and this morning working on unpacking my sewing room. I've decided that since I have the extra room at this house, I'm going to try to keep my different hobbies more separated. I made one of the hall closets into storage for scrapbooking, cardmaking and stamping, with construction paper, crayons and that sort of thing in there. And I took a shelf of the other hall closet by the bathroom for embroidery supplies and tatting. I can do that because the master closet is so big that I'll never in a million years own that many clothes, so I am storing all first aid type things and linens in there as well.


Anyway, I decided to try to store all my yarn in one place, so then I can more easily see and remember what I have to work with. After unpacking all of my yarn and putting it all away in the closet in my sewing room, I have to say, I kind of disappointed in myself. I have way too much yarn! The thing is that a lot of it, I may never use, because it's odd balls or stuff I picked up on sale or "inherited". I have it really organized now, but I'm going to have to have a serious talk with myself about not buying new yarn.

Anyway, I took a picture to post here for two reasons. One, I'm kind of proud that I got it done and it's fairly neat. And two, to keep myself honest about using yarn from my stash instead of buying new yarn.



For now, I've just put it all away, and it's not really anymore sorted than it was in AZ when it got packed, but after I've gotten the rest of the house sorted and put together, I'll come back to this closet and really be ruthless. I'm hoping to eliminate about half of it, and I'm planning on doing some giveaways and contests with some of the nicer stuff as prizes. I want to really be able to enjoy the yarn I love, and not have it crowded out by the yarn that's leftovers or odd balls.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Julie said...

ooooooooh. very nice.

Alison said...

Now I feel bad about buying you yarn for Christmas.

Bethany said...

Oh, my gosh no! That's good yarn! Anyway, the reason I own so much yarn is because I really LIKE yarn. It's my favorite thing to buy, so getting it as a present was even better.

Julie, you want a yarn closet too, don't you? No wait, you want a fat quarter closet. :D

Hadias said...

Boy o boy do you have an abundant stash.

Good for you on keeping it so organized.

Anonymous said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

Anonymous said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails