Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fun Overload!

We just got back from Orlando yesterday. We were there all week long, which is why I haven't posted in a while.

I had so much fun at the Disney parks! But it was a tad overwhelming too. There's just so much to see and do there! It seemed very very crowded too. I'd heard that Feb is a good time to go, but maybe because there was such warm weather this past weekend, lots of people came out. We rode lots of fun rides, and I really enjoyed the shows. I think the Beauty and the Beast show was my favorite. I even caught the attention of Smee and Capt. Hook. Hook brandished his hook at me, and gave me the I'm watching you eyes. It's a pirate's life for me.

We also went to Medieval Times. That is one of my favorite things to do. I'm such a dork. Our knight died first, but the show this time was my favorite storyline so far. They have a reproduction village there too, so that was really cool to get to walk around in and see. I saw an 800 year old loom. I don't know a ton about weaving, but it looked just like all the other hand looms I've ever seen. I guess it's a technology that doesn't need a lot of changing. Just like knitting. There were some very old knit silk socks too. I couldn't count the gauge because it was so fine, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were forty or fifty stitches to the inch. It was amazing.

I did finish Ben's Valentine's day socks, at their modern gauge of five stitches to the inch. They fit him pretty well, but they do need to be blocked. I'd like to get a pair of sock blockers, but I saw some instructions for bending a wire hanger to the right shape, and I think I'll try that for now. I'll take some pictures after I get all the cat hair off them. They're totally fuzzy from Ben walking around in them. I have serious cat hair problems in this house, and I'm not sure how to solve them. Sweeping a few times a week doesn't seem to be enough, so I guess I'll try sweeping once a day. Shaving the cats might be an option too though. :)

I've been spending today with laundry and catching up on some correspondence. I've also started embroidering a pillowcase with a kitty cat on it for my niece, Julia. I enjoy embroidering while I listen to audio books because I have to look at embroidery, while with knitting, I find my mind wandering as my eyes wander, since I don't have to watch my hands. I haven't done any embroidery since Sept. when we packed up most of our stuff to move. I'd only kept out my knitting, so I'm really enjoying the chance to do it again.

Sorry for not letting you all know where I was going before I disappeared for a week. But I'm back now, and I have lots of ideas to post about now, so there should be lots of posts and lots of activity on my blog now!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow!! What a coincidence, My daughter was in Orlando last weekend for a business trip!

Bethany said...

That is a coincidence, it was very warm weather, did she enjoy it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails