Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Internet is a Dangerous Time-Sucker

I don't usually spend too much time online these days, but today I ended spending a great big part of my day just reading articles and things. It's so funny to me the way that sometimes the day will just fly, and I'll get nothing much done, and some days I'll get so much finished, and the time still sort of drags. Today was definately a day that flew by with not a whole lot getting done.

I did do some embroidery, and I finished my general daily work, of course. But mainly I read about urban legends on snopes.com. I'm always fascinated by stories like that, and yet they spook me too. Anyway, it was a nonbusy relaxing sort of day.

Tomorrow is Ben's birthday. I was going to make him a German Chocolate cake, but I didn't plan far enough in advance last time we went grocery shopping, so I don't have the ingredients I'd need. He wants to celebrate on Sunday though, so I'll save cake for then. I am planning on some gooey sticky buns for tomorrow. It's his Grand Birthday, I can't let it go by with no special treat.

Oh my gosh! As I was typing this, I heard a big loud POP from the kitchen. I put in some potatoes to bake about an hour ago, so I went to check. One of the potatoes completely exploded all over the oven! I even poked holes in them before they went in! It's like a massacre in there. If you were a carrot, you'd be screaming and yelling and saying, "Oh, the vegetation!"

Anyway, I guess I've got "clean the oven" to add to tomorrow's to do list.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Alison said...

grand birthday?

Bethany said...

He turned 28 on the 28th. There's another thing people call it too, but I can't remember right now.

Alison said...

oh. My grand birthday was too long ago for me to recall.

Related Posts with Thumbnails