Saturday, February 02, 2008

Menu for 2-3 to 2-9

There's lots of chicken in this week's menu, since we're using up the leftovers we picked off the roasted chickens last week. I never realized, but a roasted chicken is a very easy and frugal meal. You get lots of meat, and I even saved the pan drippings to make broth with. I'm not sure yet how that will turn out, but it's on my list for today. I'm not baking much this week. Probably some rolls to go with the bbq chicken. Lent starts this week, so it'll be meatless Fridays for the coming weeks, as well as cutting way back on desserts and richer foods.

Sunday
B: Cereal
L: Eggs and Polish Sausage
D: Nachos and Wings

Monday
B: Fruit and Yogurt
L: Chicken Salad Sandwiches
D: Chicken Fried Rice

Tuesday
B:Baked Oatmeal
L: Chicken Fried Rice
D: Pork Chops, Carrots, Green Beans

Wednesday
B: Baked Oatmeal
L: Salad
D: Mac and Cheese

Thursday
B: Pancakes
L: Pork Chop Sandwiches
D: Barbecue Chicken, Salad

Friday
B: Pancakes
L: PB&J, carrots
D: Pizza Night!

Saturday
B: Cereal
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Chicken Noodle Soup

As always, check out more great menu plans here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great menu. :) I like how you include breakfast & lunch, too. I need to make myself do that.

I'm also a 27 yo Catholic. ;)
Have a good Lenten season!

Bethany said...

Sharon, thanks. I've found that adding in breakfast and lunch are really important for me, because I have a tendency to lose all emotional control when I'm really hungry. This way, I calmly look at the list and eat what it tells me to. I do not eat entire bags of doritos with raw cookie dough dessert anymore. It really helps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails