Friday, March 21, 2008

Thank you CVS!

$.40!!
It's actually kinda hard to believe you can get such good deals, but I'm pretty thankful that CVS makes that possible. We have $13 in ECB for next time too. It's hard to see in the picture, but there's three lipsticks and two of the spray hand santizers in the front, along with everything else.
The beer is for this new kind of bread I tried yesterday that we both loved, so we picked up some beer to make some more to bring with us to a friend's house for dinner tomorrow night. I got the recipe from Cook's Illustrated magazine, it's baked in a dutch oven, and it turned out so well. We ate most of the loaf with our chili last night for dinner, and finished it off for breakfast this morning. Anyway, my CVS deals made something like beer, that we hardly ever buy, a good enough deal to keep us in delicious yummy bread for a while!
Learn how at MoneySavingMom!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

happyhousewife said...

Great deals! I love it when the ECB's make it possible to buy things we wouldn't normally purchase.

Jessica said...

How did you get 2 sanitizers? I printed off my coupon and took it in. The computer freaked out and put up some message that the number on the coupon didn't match the Extra care card. I only have one card, one e-mail for the card, and only printed it once. After pulling up the manager, showing my ID to verify the "Jessica" printed on the coupon, and even offering to let them pull up my e-mail on their computer, they finally let me have my sanitizer for free. It was so crazy!!!!!

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, that is so weird! I printed two of the coupons, and I just used one on each of the transactions I did. I had no problems with them at all. I did do my two transactions at two different CVS but that's just because we happened to be in another city today, so we stopped in. I don't usually do two transactions in one day because I alway feel weird going right back in. But anyway, there was no problem with my sanitizers at all. It's too bad they made you do all that just for a little thing like the sanitizer. I'd have been embarrassed. Sometimes I feel like I'm robbing them, even though I know I'm not cheating anything!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

My sanitizer beeped too??? But my cashier was real nice about it and she just pushed it through--she herself had one and planned to buy it too--so she knew it was a legit coupon.

Great shopping though!

Mrs. Nichole Jordan said...

OK Im glad it was not only me that the coupon beeped on. I got it in my email and when she said it says its not for your card I was like HUH???? I only use one card so I wasnt sure why I would get one that wasnt for me... cuase I printed it from my email. Oh well. :-)


My Blog on Saving Money
http://blog.handmadebycole.com/
Every Dime Counts!

Leah said...

Isn't CVS fun?! I'm just starting out with their ECBs program and I'm lovin' it!

Would you be willing to share the bread recipe? It sounds really yummy! TIA

Bethany said...

Sure, I'll post it right now. It is so totally yummy.

Bethany said...

Hi everyone! I've posted the bread recipe here: http://beppycat.blogspot.com/2008/03/18-hr-no-knead-bread-from-cooks.html
Hope you all enjoy it if you try it! We brought a loaf to a friend's house for dinner, and she absolutely loved it too. I think I might even make another loaf this week to have with roasted garlic butter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails