Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In addition to the fact that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, I've married into an authentic (part)Irish family and so now can speak from a place of authority. Because of this, I (the very French-Canadian me) will be bringing you the proper way to prepare Corned Beef and Cabbage later today. Admittedly, I'm a big cheater and I use a slow cooker for the meat, but when you see what my husband makes me go through to prepare the rest of the meal, you'll pity me. I will also post some pictures of the famous annual Soda Bread that was lovingly prepared last night so my Benji could have an authentic Irish lunch. It actually looks so pretty, I'm tempted to try some, but that would be a huge mistake, considering my absolute revulsion to raisins and caraway seeds.


Here's one of the Soda Breads of St. Patrick's Day Past. But I get pretty consistent results, so you can imagine, this one is very similar. Now, go out and celebrate! Wear some green, eat some cabbage and potatoes, ponder the Sacred Mystery of the Trinity, knit something with cables, or crochet some Irish lace, listen to some Celtic music, read the Prayer of St. Patrick (over to the right, under the shamrock), have a small slug of whiskey, plant a shamrock! Just stay away from that green beer. I have it on good authority that it's not really authentic. ;)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails