Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sticky Buns!

Here are some pictures of the Sticky Bun process that I took last week Thursday. I'm sure I don't have to actually tell anyone this, but these are terrible for you. You don't actually want to make them, they will kill you.

Here is the sticky part. One and half sticks of melted butter with three quarters of a cup of brown sugar mixed together and poured into a 9X13 baking pan.

The dough is a standard sweet roll dough. I use my bread machine to make the dough. Then it's rolled out to a 12X18 inch rectangle. Spread an entire stick of softened butter on the dough. I told you they'd kill you.

This is sprinkled with a 1/3 cup of sugar mixed with 1 Tbs. of cinnamon. Roll up and squeeze the seam to seal.

Then you get to slice them up with your totally awesome, really really cool bench scrape from the Amish hardware store, which is obviously the best store in the world.

Aren't they cute, all sliced up? This may seem super simple to most of you, but I've found that the easiest way to get 18 equal-ish slices is to cut the roll in half, then cut each half into thirds, then cut each third into thirds. It works way better than just starting at the end and hoping for the best.

All the rolls then get placed into the pan on top of the sticky.

Here is the set up I've started to use for letting things rise. I wait to run the dish washer till it's rising time, then I take advantage of the heat it makes on the counter by leaving the dough there and covering it with a towel to hold in the heat. We keep the thermostat at 65 so it's hard to find a warm place for dough, and this way, I don't have to heat the oven up just to turn it off again. I figured out the dishwasher thing from watching Columbo. He always lays on the counter when it's running. Poor kitty, I've stolen his warm spot.

They rise for an hour or so, and here they are after baking for 35 min. at 350 degrees.

Flip them out onto a baking sheet right away so they don't stick in their own sticky. Make sure to scrape out all the sticky from the pan and get it on the rolls. It's really the best part.
But remember, you don't actually want make these. They involve two and half sticks of butter. That's just wrong.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Julie said...

AWWWW! Don't say mean things about the sticky buns! They might hear you!

Adam J. said...

omg i was just scrolling down thinking, "these are gonna be beautiful." i was right

Alison said...

They may kill me, but they look worth dying for

PolishWonder said...

Your cheddar soup was tastey!

Related Posts with Thumbnails