Monday, April 14, 2008

Menu for 4-13 to 4-19

We're still eating from the freezer and the pantry right now, so the grocery list this week was pretty much just fresh fruit and veggies and some juice. I've got milk in the freezer to use, so I'm planning to have a marathon pancake making today or tomorrow and get some pancakes in the freezer.

I've also been wanting one of those cool Tupperware party trays so I can always just have a fruit/veggie tray in the fridge to make it more convienent to eat those things for snacks. But I decided this morning that instead of telling myself I'd do healthy things if I just had that gadget (a pet peeve of mine that I fall into all too often), I'm going to see if I can't just arrange things in a bigger tray like container for now. I think having all the healthy snacks (carrot and celery stick, brocolli florets, cucumber slices, grapes, strawberries, etc.) in one, easy to get out place will really make it easier to remember to eat them. It'll be much simpler to bring out crudite tray for meals and evening snacks than it will be to have to cut new crudite every time. Or even than it is to pull out five or six different containers with all those things separate.

Anyway, on to the menu:

Sunday
B: Fruit
L: French Toast
D: Leftover Pizza

Monday
B: Leftover French Toast
L: Tuna Wrap
D: Chicken Stir Fry

Tuesday
B: Banana Muffins
L: Tuna Wrap
D: Porcupine Balls

Wednesday
B: Pancakes
L: Leftovers
D: Chili & Baked Potatoes

Thursday
B: Pancakes
L: Veggie Wraps
D: Noodles & Sauce

Friday
B: Pancakes
L: Grilled Cheese
D: Homemade Pizza

Saturday
B: Cereal
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Bacon & Eggs

For more meal ideas look to Menu Monday!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

CastoCreations said...

So I have a question. Is what you have listed here ALL you eat? Because honestly it doesn't seem like enough food. I am eating six "meals" a day. They aren't huge but three meals a day isn't good for your metabolism. So do you snack in between? I can't imagine having only fruit for breakfast. Or just cereal. It's important to have a fruit/veggie, protein, and complex carbohydrate with each meal and snack. I just don't see that with all the meals you list so I wondered if there were other 'sides' that you don't list.

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu, everything sounds so good :)

Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend. Go to http://www.funandfunkyblogdesign.com :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails