Friday, April 18, 2008

Rainy Day Fun

Today when Ben finished work, we went into town (Some people say "go to town" and mean Hamel. but seriously, Hamel like this big. I mean Edwardsville.) and went to CVS and to the library. I'd put lots of books on hold with my new library card and they all came in at once. I can't wait to read them. I'm especially looking forward to The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobson. It looks seriously hilarious.

Then we headed north to Litchfield to use our Tractor Supply gift card that Ben's parents got him for Christmas. We got seeds and a seed starter kit and work gloves and strawberry plants.

We browsed through a Salvation Army store and the Dollar Tree. I picked up some magazine files for $.70 each and some t-shirts and tape for a kids camp charity that the homemaker's club is having a collection for on Monday.

We had dinner at Wendy's and split a frosty. And now we're watching a documentary about whiskey. We're dorks.

I was just reading about the movie they're making from the Stephanie Meyers book Twilight. I'm not sure how I feel about the movie. The actors don't seem super likable, but I'll have to wait till it comes out to decide. I'm sure these books wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I loved them! They really speak to the part of me that's still fourteen and pretty sure I'm going to end up having some wildly romantic irresistable lure to a special vampire boy. Yes, I've actually got that part of me still. No, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Well, not entirely ashamed. If you like paranormal romance or teen stories at all, I really recommend them.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Alison said...

I wish I could get Andy to go to the Salvation Army or other thrift stores with me. He thinks that other rifling through other people's belongings is gross... yet he has no problem with antique markets. I don't get him.

Bethany said...

It's the fancier name. Antique market seems more high class. Ben's not into it or anything, he just can't say no to me everytime I ask to stop at one, so every once in a while I get to go thrifting.

Alison said...

yes, I'm sure if all thrift shops threw the word "antique" in their title somewhere, Andy wouldn't mind. He's not that smart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails