Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update

Yesterday there was an annual county meeting of the homemaker's club along with a luncheon. It was a very nice time, and there was a very interesting presentation about different First Ladies all through American history. There was an arts and crafts show too, and my doily got one vote. I purposely didn't vote for myself so I wouldn't have to say, "I got two votes, but one was me."

Adam and Donna and Greg are getting here early this morning. They left Midland at about ten last night and drove through the night. I'm sure they'll be really tired when they get here. I'm pretty much company ready except I want to vacuum the couch before they get here, and I'm still planning to bake those muffins this morning, and there's lots of fruit and veggies to prepare for trays. But except for the couch, that's all stuff that I can take care of through the day while they rest.

I might take a rest myself this afternoon. I haven't slept too well the last couple of nights, so I'm feeling pretty tired. I'm up really early this morning, but I just get very frustrated laying in bed while I can't sleep, so I got up to read blogs and distract myself till Ben's awake and I can use the vacuum.

Adam requested a Rachael Ray meal he saw a week or two ago, so dinner tonight is Mac and Cheese Florantine with Chicken Sausage Meatballs. Except I couldn't find ground chicken, so it's Turkey Sausage Meatballs. Greg requested lots of bread, so I set up two loaves of the no knead bread last night, and what's left Ben's taking into his morning meeting tomorrow since some of the guys at work want to try it. I'll also set up a regular loaf in the bread maker this morning.

My friend Dorothy from the homemaker's club brought me four baby forsythia yesterday, so I've got to get those planted at some point today too. I think I'll put them in a semicircle in the side yard and then I can put a bird feeder or bird bath in the middle. Then I'll have to add a bench not far from there for bird watching!

We also have some blueberry bushes to plant that we bought with a gift certificate from Ben's brother on Saturday. Ben's going to stop and buy some garden sulpher on the way home from work today so we can get the soil ph right for the blueberries.

I hear Ben getting into the shower, so I'll get my vacuuming done now. I'll try to update, but I might be scarce around here until the end of the week when my company leaves. I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

CastoCreations said...

There's a homemakers club?!? How cool. I don't know if there's anything like that around here. I sure would like to be a homemaker. *sigh* As I sit at my desk at work and read your blog. :)

Daughter of the King said...

first time here..by googling Machine Embroidery...DO you still do it?
I am considering buying a machine.
You can email me at:
yesipray at gmail dot com

I appreciate any advice.
Deby

Waterrose said...

Oh I miss forsythia...and peonies...and green.

Bethany said...

Yes, it's really the county extension, or something like that. I'm the youngest one in the club by about forty years, but they're all very nice and I've learned a lot just in the few months I've been a member.

It's very green right now! It seems to rain every day and the lawn is almost getting too long to mow. Getting a lawn mower is at the very top of our list for the weekend.

Deby, I'll email you this morning. Have you read this posts about machine embroidery? http://beppycat.blogspot.com/2008/01/machine-embroidery.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails