Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Apple & Oat & Carrot Muffins

For the muffins I made this afternoon, I used a recipe from Crystal's Simply Centsible Breakfasts ebook. It called for raisins, but I really don't like raisins, so I grated some carrot in to the batter. They also have oatmeal, whole wheat flour and apple chunks. I don't know how they taste yet, they're still cooling, so I'll update on that after I have a couple for breakfast tomorrow.

I really love my dough scooper thing. I think it cost about four dollars from the Amish hardware store my mom likes to take me to in Clare. It's given me priceless moments of muffin paper filling pleasure.


I sprinkled brown sugar on the tops of all the muffins before baking them. I think I'd like to get some of that big crystalled sugar that bakeries use. I usually mix brown sugar and oats to have just a touch of sweetness and make them look fancy, but Ben requested no oats because they fall on him.


Here are all the muffins cooling after they've come out of the oven.

And Ben just got home from his trip, so I'm off to enjoy my husband!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

CastoCreations said...

Oh my goodness. Those actually look good. :) I can't wait to hear if you liked them!

Bethany said...

Well, I might have baked them a little underdone. I think they feel a bit too squishy. But Ben loves the moistness.

I think I'll have to modify some things if I make them again though, because we both thought they seemed a little bland in flavor. I guess the raisins are a big flavor booster.

I'm thinking replace some of the milk with apple juice and use brown sugar instead of white, and maybe put in some almonds for a crunch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails