Monday, May 12, 2008

Beachy's Bulk Foods

We visited Beachy's Bulk Foods in Arthur, IL while we were on our weekend trip. It's an Amish run bulk foods store that draws in tons of customers, both Amish and "English".

It was really great. Very large, with lots and lots of selection and some really good prices.

Here is the aisle of baking items and flours. I picked up some evaporated cane juice crystals, and some graham flour and some dutch processed cocoa powder and some sucanat sweetener. I was very tempted by the bulk brown sugar and yeast, but couldn't justify the purchases since I'm stocked up on those.


Here is some very pretty Star Anise in the spice aisle. I didn't get any, because I don't care for the taste. But I was tempted, just because it was so big and pretty.
The spice aisle was amazing. I wish I could have one of everything, just to line up and look at. All the colors and scents were just so cool to experience.


Here are whole nutmegs. I've been on my last one from the Mexican food store back in AZ for about a month, and it's practically gone, so I'm really glad to have stocked up on some more. I got one of the small containers, on the left. I'll have to count how many are in it when I put everything away later.

Other than the baking supplies, I also got some canning jar lids, some bulk low sugar sure gel for making jam and jelly, some borax and washing soda to make laundry detergent, and 200 muffin papers. Ben picked out millet, quinoa, bean soup mix, some dried fruit and a gallon sized jug of popcorn.

If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend you check out Beachy's. It was so much fun, and I'm already looking forward to going back!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Julie said...

Whoa. I don't think our amish store is that coold

CastoCreations said...

That is incredible!!! I've never been to any store like that. Of course our Amish population in Washington is ... maybe 10 people. LOL :)

With my new cooking bug I'd be in heaven. lol

Thanks for the idea on using my new custard bowls too. I'm so 'new' to cooking that I'd never think of something like that. =)

Bethany said...

I didn't know it was so huge! The one in Clare is much smaller. This one was big big. But the one in Clare has slightly better prices too, so I think I might prefer smaller/better prices. But Beachy's has great prices compared to regular stores and it was lots of fun to go into a store like that that was so big! They had tons of things I'd never even heard of.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,色情,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女

Anonymous said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails