Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mobile Hospitality

Our neighbor to the east is having outpatient surgery on her back tomorrow morning, so I wanted to drop some goodies off for her recovery and for her husband and mother to share.

I tied the ribbon around the basket to make it look a bit less bare. After I wrote the note and noticed that my notepaper clashed with the ribbon, I was tempted to change the ribbon. I did not, as I'm not quite so particular just yet.
I put in some banana muffins, some blueberry muffins, some chocolate chip cookies, and a few different packets of indivually wrapped tea (courtesy of the Marriott we lived in when we first moved to St. Louis.) I separated everything and made it all look classy by putting each separate snack into a coffee filter. I blatantly stole this idea from Meredith at Like Merchant Ships.
My neighbor, Dagmar, more than returned my kindness by clipping me this lovely bouquet of irises...
... and sharing these pussy willows that she had trimmed and rooted, for me to plant by our drainage ditch.
Here is Smudge, as though seen through foliage.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Julie said...

I want to live in your neighborhood!

Sushi said...

Hello, how do you like Saint Louis? We moved from there to Chicago exactly one year ago. My Mom likes cooking too but she's not as crafty as you or my Grandma C to make the other stuff. Very yummy and creative stuff. Have fun in STL, we miss it.

jenny-up the hill said...

You are so thoughtful! The basket is lovely and I'm sure it was much appreciated. I'm with Julie...I want to live in your neighborhood too! lol!

Flo said...

What a nice neighbor!!! Is the house next to you available ;)

Meredith said...

Ideas are for sharing!

Your basket is lovely--I love the mix of goodies you included.

CastoCreations said...

aaahhhhh! That is so sweet! :) I wish you were my neighbor. =D

Bethany said...

You guys are kind, but it wasn't too big a deal. If you'll notice, I just put in a few of each thing that I've been baking this week anyway. I'm always on the lookout for people I can feed. I'm happiest when I get to prepare large quantities of food.

I'm pretty sure I got the much better end of the bargain, because in addition to the flowers and the pussy willows, she's offered me tons of knowlegdge about gardening. And the use of their truck. And she'll teach me to prune when we have our apple trees. Not to mention her husband mows the edges of our lawn for us. In fact, it's true, I'm loving our neighborhood!

I suppose you can praise my kindness next month when they're gone, and I'll be in charge of their cats and pool. But even that won't be without reward. She offered to pay me, but I'm sure that the goodwill of the neighbors is far more valuable. Too calculating?

Hadias said...

That was a beautiful gesture. The Lilies are bautiful.

disa said...

視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,色情

Anonymous said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails