Monday, May 12, 2008

Our 6th Anniversary

Our anniversary was yesterday and we celebrated by taking a little weekend trip. We left on Friday evening and drove a couple of hours to Arcola, IL to stay at a Bed and Breakfast. On Saturday we enjoyed Arcola and went driving to see all the surrounding Amish farms. We shopped and shopped at the Amish stores and went to Arthur, IL to stroll around their downtown. Yesterday, after the huge breakfast at the bed and breakfast, we headed back home. We stopped at the Rural King in Matoon because Ben wanted to see it, and we stopped for lunch at Ponderosa, because I had to celebrate my anniversary with a steak. That's a must.

I just wanted to post and let you all know that I haven't disappeared and I've got lots to share with you. I took pictures and I've got lots of plans for all my cool bulk groceries. But I've got to start out with the lawn since it seems like I've got the first sunny day in a couple of weeks. Make hay while the sun shines, right? Even if mowing the lawn is far from making hay. Anyway, I'll be back this afternoon with lots of pics of bulk foods and maybe a baking project.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend and I can't wait to share all my fun plans!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

CastoCreations said...

Congratulations!!!

We don't celebrate our anniversaries (or Valentine's day for that matter). Although our 5th was last year and we went out to dinner. :)

Look forward to seeing the photos.

Julie said...

At my house, mowing is a lot like making hay. We just don't bail the clippings, but they get about that tall.

Bethany said...

Thank you. We didn't celebrate our anniversary much at first, but we've found we really enjoy doing something special in the last few years.

Amy Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
So happy that you guys were able to do something fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails