Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Plans for Today

Ben was in Nashville for meetings yesterday and today. I'm not very comfortable with being home alone over night, and this was the first time at this new house. (Yes, I'm tricky, and I've managed to avoid it till now.) It wasn't so bad at all, and I managed to get a pretty good night's sleep. But because I always getting a little down knowing that I'll be spending the night alone, yesterday I didn't really get much done. I did water all of my newly planted bushes, but other than that, I spent most of the day embroidering and watching movies on Netflix. I watched Steel Magnolias, which I'd actually never seen before. It was really good. I did get my Spring banner embroidery just about finished.

Anyway, Ben's going to be back in town this afternoon, and I have some things to get in order before he gets home. I'm planning to bake some muffins, since I never got to that last week, and I've got some cleaning up and organizing to do in the kitchen and the dining room.

I also have to get outside and scrub the bird messes off our front porch. The birds think one of our pillars is a great place to roost, which is terrible for look of our porch! I haven't cleaned it yet, so it's pretty bad, but I'm sure that after I do it today, if I make sure to take care of it every week or every other week, it shouldn't be too bad. We'll see how it goes.

Other than muffins and porch scrubbing, I'm planning to finish the Spring banner, I only have one leaf left to do, and get it sewn up and washed and blocked. Well, I say washed and blocked, but really all I have to do is throw it in with a load of laundry, and it'll come out fine. If there's time after that, I might start the next banner or I might work on a project to give to Ben on our wedding anniversary this coming weekend.

Later I'll post some pictures of my progress, and I also have a post about making pepperoni as well. Everyone else is ahead of me, I'm sure, but if anyone else is feeling like this Tuesday is serving for Monday catching up, good luck to you! I know I'm needing it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails