Thursday, May 08, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Yesterday was a gray and drizzly day, but today is starting out as a windy, rainy day! It must have rained most of the night, as our ditches are pretty full right now. I wonder if it'll go over the road? I'm pretty sure the lawn sides are much lower, so it's more likely to flood the yards than the road, I guess.

Yesterday I stitched up some small tokens for Mother's Day cards. Since we'll be seeing both our mom's this month, we're planning to save presents for giving in person, but I wanted to tuck a little something into the cards.

I also starting knitting some dishcloths to stock my new etsy store! I've gotten two finished, and plan to finish two more today. A movie and knitting on a rainy day seems appropriate, doesn't it?

I've been thinking about exercise lately, since not going to Curves and spending so much time in doors all winter has resulted in some very unwanted weight gain. I'm sure that mowing the lawn for an hour or two every day will be a good start, but I wonder, what are some other good fun ways to get some exercise? Especially on a rainy or cold day? It's time for me to stop hibernating and lose my winter coat, but the weather isn't cooperating. What are your favorite ways to exercise indoors? And can an uncoordinated, completely unfit person like me do them too?

Other plans for today include unpacking some of the books upstairs. Those are the only boxes left to unpack! Setting up my stereo upstairs for Ben to listen to while he works, putting the GameCube on Craigslist (is $30 a fair price?), and possibly a nap. I got up at four this morning cause I couldn't sleep, and I'm feeling downright tired already.

I'd also like to make some snacks, because we're going on a road trip this weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Anyone have any good homemade car snacks? I'm hoping to avoid gas station stuff because I had a some Doritos a few weeks ago and craved and craved them afterward. I'm hoping not to open up that can of worms again. I have no will power when it comes to snacks like that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I used to love flapjack as a car snack, I found a recipe for you Flapjack recipe . This I think is different from american flapjack.

Sounds as if even with all the rain, you've been very busy.

CastoCreations said...

$30?!? I remember paying over $150 for my game cube. It now sits in the garage. *sigh*

Inside I actually do have some exercises that don't take long and are great resistance training. I joined Fit Yummy Mummy (even though I'm not a mom) and it's been well worth it. All her exercises can be done without a gym. =) And I haven't had to buy any equipment since hubby already had some free weights and we'd already planned to buy an elliptical machine. But she also has cardio exercises that can be done without any machine.

My exercise tonight is Agility Training with Trooper. Woohoo! :)

Waterrose said...

Where is your link to your Etsy Shop? From reading a previous post, do you watch craigs list for your rocking chairs? Sometimes I can't believe all the great stuff on there. Good luck with the exercise.

Bethany said...

Thank you for the recipe! That's kind of like granola, but I've been wanting a recipe that will make bars, not just crumbled granola. As far as I know, the only American flapjack are pancakes, so I thought you were suggesting pancakes as car snacks, lol.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out. I love the pictures of Trooper's agility training. I'm totally jealous too, I just can't seem to get Smudge to run through the tunnel. ;) Our gamecube is completely unused too, since we got the wii and he can play all the gamecube games on that. But there's a ton of them on Craigslist right now, so I guess everyone has the same idea.

I haven't opened yet. I don't have any stock, lol. I'm planning to start with the crochet patterns I used to sell on my website, but I want to have some other products too, so I'm putting together knitted dishcloth and scrubby sets like the ones I gave away here last month. I'll be sure to post when I have everything ready for business! I have been watching Craigslist, there are lots of rocking chairst listed, but everyone seems to be asking fifty dollars and up for them. I'm going to try some of the smaller thrift stores next.

Thanks ladies for your comments!

Julie said...

I have one of those little trampolines, and I jump on it while I watch TV. It's my favorite exercise by far (indoor exercise, I mean). It is great exercise, not very grueling and over the years, I have taken off quite a few pounds by doing it. One recommendation: I'd gone through a few trampolines before I wised up with what type of trampoline to buy. There are two kinds, one has the loops around the edge and is attached to the frame by big, thick metal hooks that go through the loops. The other kind has a kanvas loops attached to the frame and sewn onto the loops around the edge of the pad. You don't want that kind. You want the one with metal hooks. These trampolines are typically the ugly brown ones that your grandma has in her basement (I'm not sure they make them much any more). So, if you want one, you can normally get a pretty good deal from your grandma, or on Ebay or at a garage sale. My sister had one that had been passed down to her from my mom (who knows where she got it) that I purchased for $0.00. My type of exercise. Cheap, effective, and used as a compliment to watching TV.

Alison said...

ooooh, Etsy, I'm addicted to that site!

Related Posts with Thumbnails