Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Scrubbing the Front Porch

So, cleaning up the bird mess on our porch wasn't really any trouble at all. I just sprayed it down with the hose, squirted a little dish soap, and scrubbed with the push broom. After I sprayed the suds off, it was just as good as new. Here are some before and after shots.



This little iron plant stand I got a couple of weeks ago at an auction sale. It was at the end of the day, so no one was bidding, so I got this for just two dollars. I think it'll make a great little end table/plant stand here on the porch. Now I just have to find some rocking chairs. I've been keeping my eyes peeled at the Goodwill and such for wooden rockers. I figure if I can get old rockers and then paint them both black, they'll look cute eve if they don't match each other. And I'm not sure, but I figure if I use rustoleum, that, combined with the fact that the porch is covered should protect them well enough. My goal is to spend less than $40 on them. We'll see if I can find some before the summer is over!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Kelly Crost said...

It's not just the mess you should worry about. Bird droppings carry over 60 different diseases that are air-borne. These diseases can be easily contracted to the human body, causing severe health risks. For more information visit www.bird-X.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails