Friday, June 13, 2008

Stormy Weather


Ben tilled our garden spot yesterday. It took so much longer than I thought it would! But it's good and tilled now, and as soon as it dries out again after today's thunderstorms, I'll be able to get out there and plant. I do hope it won't turn out to be a waste of money to buy tomato and pepper plants, but hopefully they should produce at least a few dollars worth by the time the frosts come.
There are these cute little puppies I've seen in the yard twice this week. They're not exactly puppies, more like half grown dogs. I'm used to the neighbors letting their dogs run, but I haven't seen these two before. And they're so pretty, I'm keeping then next they come. Yep, that's me. A dog thief. Well, I wouldn't really steal them, but I'm beginning to think they might be strays. They're safe enough for now, since there's plenty of other animals' food to eat at the other houses, and there's no big roads for them to want to cross, and I might ask around about thier owners in the mean time.
I'm spending the morning finishing up a couple loads of laundry (sheet washing day, yay!) and watching the storms go through. I finished the second book in the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers, so I think I'll see if I can download the third one from the library and finish the series (I think there's only three, anyway). I've also got a gigantic cookbook I borrowed from my neighbor to keep me entertained.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Amy Caroline said...

Love the shoes, those are cute... I need a pair like those.

As for the dogs, do they have collars on? We found a dog running down our street when I was teen. We lived out in the country, so it wasn't just normal. Anyway, we stopped at the end of our long drive to get the mail and a car came up and swerved to hit the dog! I called to her and she ran right to us, out of the cars way. She jumped right in our car. She has a collar and everything. We called the muber and it was diconnected. We called the vet tag who contacted the owner and the owner told us that dog was rotten and horrible and always ran away. He said we could do whatever we wanted with it. That dog was the bets dog ever! She never ran away, never had an accident. Very loving.
So maybe these could be your dream dogs too!!

Bethany said...

Amy, thanks for the comment. I got my shoes at Fashion Bug. I'm so glad that real shoes are in fashion right now, not only sneakers and heels. This pair do hurt a bit because they dig in at the heel, but they're so adorable, I'm insistent on "breaking the in".

The dogs don't have collars, but that doesn't really mean much here. We live in what could be described as a country subdivision. There are a number of houses, but each house has a few acres of land. So since it's mostly fields and neighbors round here, people just let their dogs run. That sort of bugs me, mostly because it seems unsafe for the dogs. But I might just ask if anyone has gotten these new dogs lately or if they really are strays. They're very pretty and Ben would love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails