Monday, June 30, 2008

Menu for 6-29 to 7-5

Sunday
B: Cereal
L: Panini
D: Out after Mass

Monday
B: Breakfast Sandwiches (They warm up wonderfully, btw.)
L: Italian Beans and Special Bread
D: Eggs, Sausage and Toast

Tuesday
B: Muffins
L: Leftover Italian Beans
D: Pizza Night! (Ben just has to have pizza night once a week, lol)

Wednesday
B: Crock Pot Oatmeal
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Pork Chops

Thursday
B: Crock Pot Oatmeal
L: Quinoa Salad
D: Noodles and Sauce

Friday (Fourth of July Celebration!)
B: Breakfast Sandwiches
L: Ribs (I'm sure there was bbq in 1776), Mac & Cheese (in honor of Thomas Jefferson. No, really. Look it up.) , Baked Beans (a fine tradition of the Boston Patriots), Corn on the Cob (a true American food), and A Special Dessert (I'll have to check my colonial cookbook and see what I can make that would be authentic. A spice cake, perhaps.)
D: Leftovers

Saturday
B: Crepes (in honor of our French friend, General Lafayette? just kidding.)
L: Leftovers
D: Nachos, leftovers, watermelon

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Elise O. said...

Hello Bethany! I'm glad you found my blog. It's always fun to get a comment from someone new... Actually, it's always fun to get a comment whether they're new or not, but... you know what I mean. :)

I'm glad you like my designs! That's wonderful. I love it when people like my designs too, because sometimes I think they're just not quite creative enough... I need to make some more also.

O.K. My process for creating designs. I use a free program called The GIMP, it's a very good program, but takes a little getting used to. =) On that program, most of my designs are made with help from the Path Tool since I don't have a USB Pen or whatever yet.

While I'm working on my designs, I just go file>save, then I type in the name I want the file to have with NO EXTENSION (.png, .jpg...) and press enter... this saves the file as an .xcf which will save all the paths that you've used and the layers and everything, so you can come back and work on it for weeks until you're finished. That's a good thing to remember to do, in case you mess something up.

Um, then, when you're done with the xcf file, save it as a png... and upload it to cafepress! Wonderful.

That's the only tip I can think of now, and it might possibly be something you've heard and/or done before, but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case.

Oooh, well, long comment. Ha, ha. I'll talk to you later! I hope you have a fun time updating your cafepress stuff! I'd like to see your shops, so if you'd drop me a link, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Elise

Bethany said...

Thanks for all the info, it was nice of you to come by and leave me a comment. I'll check out Gimp today and see what I can learn about it. I think I have to learn a little more about graphic design before I'll be able to correctly use most graphic programs, though. Do there happen to be any books or sites you suggest for that?

I have a banner to my cafepress shop right at the top of my blog under the header and above the google ads. My id is beppycat. There's really not much there right now at all, as it was just something I was playing around with when I set it up, but I would like to get more into it now.

Thanks again, and you have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails