Friday, June 06, 2008

Patriotic Holiday Banner in Progress


Yesterday I finished the blue part of my patriotic banner. This one is very slow going because it's all x's except for a little backstich where the stars are. X'x drive me crazy! I would like to finish if for Flag Day though. But I'll make the 4th of July my ultimate deadline for this one.

After dinner last night Ben and I lifted the plastic we'd put down to kill the grass in the garden area. It work really well. The grass is all dead and the dirt is really clear and we've got tons of nightcrawlers out there making worm holes. But man, did it smell swampy!

I hope that now that we've lifted the plastic it'll be able to dry well and we can till. That is, if it ever stops raining! I'm glad I'm not a farmer, or I'd be worried about the future as well as frustrated by the weather. It hasn't dried up enough here all spring to work any of the ground. Only a few of the farmers managed to get their corn in so far. Anyway, at this point, I'll be glad to get anything in, or there won't be any canning or freezing at our house this year.

I'm working on a special project today that I'd like to raffle off here on my blog to raise money to help save animals in shelters. I hope it'll be something that people will want to win enough that they'd be willing to donate money for the chance. Does anyone have any suggestions on the logistics of holding an online raffle? I was thinking of doing it by the honor system, but I would like to know how much we raise, and also be able to give more chances to higher donators, just like raffle tickets, but I'm unsure what the best set up for that would be. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

I hope I'll have some chicken coop building pictures tomorrow, but that'll depend entirely on when Ben wants to start building. Also, we might go one this home tour thing with our friend Ken and his girlfriend, so the coop could have to wait till tomorrow night instead.

Anyway, things are looking good at our house. It's sheet washing day! (I just love clean sheets. If it weren't for the energy waste, I wash them more than once a week.) And it's homemade pizza night! And I've got a fun project and a cooking dvd. Really, there's not much more that could make me a happier cat right now.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I've just spent a fun few minutes going over your blog. I can't believe the diversity of your talents! I'm glad you like your homemade laundry soap. I love mine and will never go back. I can't wait to see how your garden turns out! Good luck.

Bethany said...

Thanks for visiting! I hope my garden can be planted soon, and I can't wait to see how yours turns out either!

Related Posts with Thumbnails