Monday, June 16, 2008

Homemade Lemonade

Today I made some lemonade as a treat for Ben. I used Martha Stewart's recipe here. Yes, it is a Good Thing. ;) Really though, it turned out super yummy, and I loved the idea of making a simple syrup with the citrus zest to sweeten it. I had to add some orange juice in order to get a full cup of juice, but that made it taste even better!

I used an antique handkerchief from Ben's grandmother as a pitcher cover. I wanted to post pictures of that, but I forgot the camera in the car yesterday, and, as you can see, my phone does not capture details like that very well.

Just thought I'd post a quick review, since this is probably the time of year that lots of people are looking for good lemonade recipes. I think this one is definately the way to go, and it wasn't complicated. You don't really even need a juicer or a reamer. I used my hands and a fork and just squished most of the juice out like that. I just wish I'd known how easy it is to make lemonade from scratch when we lived in AZ and the citrus was just laying on the ground for the taking (literally).

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Blue Castle said...

That sounds really good! I'm going to have to try this recipe. I had orange-ade at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. That was great. I like the idea of mixing lemons and oranges.

Alison said...

I must admit that I watch Martha Stewart's show often. Although I believe she may be one of the meanest people to ever live, I have gotten a handful of really great recipe ideas from her show.

Bethany said...

It was pretty good. I thought it was a bit tart, but I have a big sweet tooth. Ben liked it more than I.

I totally love watching Martha. Not her talk show too much, but the other shows. She does seem like she might be really mean, but maybe she's just precise? And bossy? And know it all-y? Yeah, I guess probably mean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails