Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cafepress

They other day I ran across a nice young woman's blog through Entrecard, and I was interested to read about her success selling on Cafepress. I had opened a cafepress shop a number of years ago, but hadn't really done too much designing with it. She inspired me to open it back up and think of some new designs I might try. Or at least learn a little about graphic design.

While I was browsing around and fiddling with my shop, I noticed that cafepress now offers publishing services. I was excited about this because a number of years ago, I'd written a booklet on bias binding, and using bias binder feet for the sewing machine. I had this printed to sell, because lots of people on the sewing list I was on at the time wanted it, but it was pretty expensive at $25. When I saw that cafepress offers printing with nice wire binding, I decided to see how much my booklet would cost through them. When I saw it would only be $10.99 AND I'd make a small profit, I went right to work loading my book to my shop.

You can see my booklet, Why Bias Binder Feet ROCK, here and if you'd like to, you can see my other cafepress designs here. (There is a very good one for the yarn pirates out there!)

I'm not sure if I'll sell any of the books or other items, but the great thing about Cafepress is that it doesn't cost anything to set up a shop, so it's no big deal if you set it up and never get any orders.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Good luck with your shop! I'll have to look into it. :)

CastoCreations said...

hahahahahahahaha I LOVE the YAAAAARRRRRR....N. ROFL That is hilarious.

I cannot believe you have a design on a THONG! *giggle*

Bethany said...

Thanks ladies. It is a pretty neat concept, I just never seem to have many ideas. Or if I do I can't draw them! But I'm thinking I'll have to try harder from now on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails