Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Freezing Green Beans

I've decided to freeze my green beans this year, because I like the way they turn out better, we need to get replacement parts for our pressure canner, and it's the easiest way to deal with very small batches.
This is not quite a pound of green beans after I've trimmed them and cut them. My mom always showed me to trim them first and then rinse them. I suppose because trimming them is bound to get them messy again with dried blossoms and little leaves and they'd just need rinsing again anyway. So rinse them really well and make sure they're clean after they've been trimmed and cut.


Put them into a pot of boiling water for about two - four minutes, scoop them out and put them directly into a sink of cold water.


I like to pack them into snack bags for portioned servings.
And then all the snack bags go into a labeled freezer bag and into the freezer.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Blue Castle said...

My kids were just begging for green beans. Now I'll have to go get some and try your freezer tip. :)

Bethany said...

That's a pretty good thing to have them begging for! I used to beg for Doritos. Hope they get their craving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails