Wednesday, August 20, 2008

John Denver Rocks

I may be totally high on nyquill right now, but I'm pretty sure I'd stand by that statement even while sober. Now you all know a little about my definition of "rocking". I hope it explains some things.

Well, on Monday, I mentioned that I was hoping that I hadn't caught Ben's flu from him. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. By Monday afternoon, I had a fever of 102, and I was down, man. But, my temp has been hovering between normal and 100 since then, so I'm not too concerned. I think it got that high on Monday just because I was trying to ignore being sick and had been out mowing the lawn and stuff anyway. But I paid for it, because I've pretty much spent all my time since then on the couch or in bed.

I'm not even bored yet, and I haven't knit a single stitch, if that tells you how sick I've been. I have been reading the Little House books. I just mentioned to Julie today how weird it is that they make me feel so cozy and safe, even though things keep happening that seem to put them on the verge of disaster all the time. Anyway, now I'm playing around with seeqpod, listening to Annie's Song, and being filled like the mountains in springtime.

I'm pretty sure that I'll end up on the couch again all day tomorrow, but hopefully, I'll feel up to knitting then. I don't want to push it and start getting up and doing things too soon, since this is about the worst cold/flu thing that I have had in a long time. I'm hoping I won't have to go to the dr, but if I don't get better by next week, I'll assume it's bacterial and go get checked for strep. But one thing at a time, and right now at least I'm not miserable sick, like I was on Monday when all my skin hurt. Now I'm just sort of in a stuffy cotton cocoon of sick. Which isn't so bad if the most pressing thing you have to do is learn the words to Leaving on a Jet Plane.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Get well soon!

Lidian said...

Hope you get well soon!

Your cats are just beautiful - we have two, and wish we had room for lots more.

Molly said...

my kindred spirit, so close but so far away: hope you feel better and know that I, too, think JD rocks! I am partial to "Take me Home, Country Roads" as my grandma is from West Virginia and it always makes me think of her, but I really love most of his other songs and always have. I even put his greatest hits cd in for Thomas to sleep to at night. (PS. You should have seen my Led Zepplin, Foo Fighters lovin' husband's face when I asked for that cd for my birthday!)
Anyway, on another note, your green beans look delicious!

I am finally done with the Great Basement cleanout with only days left till baby. . .but I thought I had more of the Vogue knitting mags and I didn't find them. I have several mags to send. . .not all VK, some crafts and such. Hope that doesn't disapoint, and could you also e-mail me your address when you have time and feel like it? I'm afraid to wait til after baby as I may never see the post office again!

Get better, my friend across the river!

PS--do you like Anne of Green Gables? I have almost the whole set you could borrow for the winter if you want. Just let me know.

PPS. . .all my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go. . .to St. John's Mercy to have this baby! : )

Bethany said...

Thank you ladies. I'm still not feeling very well, but I did see the doctor yesterday because the fever was holding on so long. She thinks it went from viral to bacterial and prescribed a round of Zithromax. So I'm sure to feel better soon.

Lidian, welcome to my blog! The cats, I'm sure, would appreciate the compliment, but I don't tell them. They're spoiled enough as it is! I checked out your blog and really enjoyed the advertisements you post!

Mrs. Mordecai, thank you for your kind comment.

Molly, I emailed you. Let me know if you don't get it, and I'll try again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails