Friday, September 26, 2008

Done with the Stove

Well, I'm done for today anyway. I made my experimental jelly, though I'm afraid it's come out a bit too sweet, and canned my applesauce. My broth is strained and resting in the fridge so I can take the fat off of it before it goes in the freezer. And the kitchen is pretty much clean, as long as you don't count the jelly stains all over the rug and the dish drainer piled heaping high with pots and canning epuipment.

I'm now settled on the couch with my Martha's Halloween Ideas dvd from netflix, my knitting, and a bottle of water. And I'm not moving again till tonight! Ben's going to have to make pizza without me. I trust him. On second thought, I don't really.... maybe I'll try to talk him into something that won't dirty as many dishes. Like nachos or ice cream sundaes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Molly said...

hey bethany. . .just a quick hi 'cause everyone including baby Luke but except me has a cold. . .so glad I have your blog to escape to for a few seconds!

Did you finish listening to Animal Vegetable Mineral? The farm Barbara Kingsolver lives on is about 40 minutes from where my husband and I grew up, so you can get an idea of our home terrain.

hope you have a good weekend!

Amy said...

I bet your whole house smelled divine!!

Ivory Soap said...

Girl, I'm tired just reading that!

Molly said...

I just saw I wrote animal vegetable mineral instead of miracle. I am so three week old, three year old, thirteen year old brain dead right now.

Julie said...

Ooooooh! That turned out pretty!

Blue Castle said...

I hope you had a relaxing night. :) Wow, you got a lot accomplished! You go, girl. :)

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Hooray for experiments! I hope you'll share the recipe when you get it right. Experiments make the world go 'round. And they're fun, at least I think so.

Bethany said...

Thank you ladies for your comments! I did have a good evening after that, and felt very accomplished.

The house did smell pretty good, Amy, and made me want pie.

I really enjoyed animal, vegetable, miracle, Molly, it was pretty interesting.

Mrs. Mordecai, I'm not sure that I'd really recommend it. I haven't decided if I like the way it tastes yet, it turned out very sweet. Pretty much I covered my cores and peels about halfway up with water, and boiled that for about an hour. Then I strained it through a cloth lined colandar, and after that, I used it as the juice in a regular jelly recipe. But like I said, it's way sweet, and I don't know if I like that. Definately not good for everyday jelly. If I were willing to eat that much sugar daily, I'd just have a cookie or a candy bar or something!

Related Posts with Thumbnails