Monday, September 08, 2008

Lost Weekend

Flower at Lincoln Birthplace Memorial
Spring 2008

Ben has been out of town since Thursday, and he gets back today. I'm very excited to see him again. I miss him every time he has to travel, but especially this time because it was over the weekend, and longer than usual.

I did have an nice weekend even though he was gone, so it turned out okay. I got together with our friend Beth, from Ben's work, and we saw a Disney on Ice show on Friday night. I spent the night at her house and on Saturday we hit some craft stores and went and saw Momma Mia. It was such a good time, and a real treat to spend some girl time with a friend my own age! (It seems like just about any and all friends I've made since leaving college have been in the over fifty age range. Which is fine, as they are my friends, but one or two friends closer to my age, in my geographical location, tend to make life a bit more fun sometimes.) We also worked on making her a Spider Queen type tiara for Halloween. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished project, it's going to be awesome.

Today I'm planning to get the house back together after my weekend of bachelorette-hood. I still haven't gotten started on that fall cleaning either! There are supposed to be some thunder storms today, so I'll might stay in and work on some of that detail cleaning as well. Tonight we're having omelets for dinner so we can eat our fresh eggs. I'll definately keep you updated about the taste!

The cats are out of food right now. Ben's bringing some home from work with him this afternoon, but I'm afraid there may be a full out panic before then. Pickles comes frantically running and crying every time I move. It's only a matter of time before she slaps me, screaming, "This afternoon?!?! How about I make you wait to eat till this afternoon? How would you like that?!?!", then knocks me to the ground and steals my PB&J.

I'm hoping this will be an exciting week of tomato sauce making, but first I'll have to pick up some lemon juice, and see if the tomato plants cooperate. I think that I may have just enough ripe ones to get started tomorrow or Wednesday. Of course, there will be pictures. I've never canned tomato sauce before, or even made it from scratch, so look forward to big messes. Also, the thrills and chills of the Victorio Strainer!

Well, I've been lazy long enough (all weekend, if you're counting), and I'd better get moving. But I look forward to catching up with all of you this week!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Good luck with the tomato sauce! My mom made it every year and it was always a huge mess. Try putting newspapers on the floor beneath your strainer where it's clamped to the counter, for starters. Mmm . . . what I wouldn't give for a drink of fresh, warm tomato juice ready to go into the canner. Wish I could come help you!

Bethany said...

Thanks for the tip about the newspapers. I knew it was going to be messy, but for some reason, it never occurred to me to be preventitive.

My mom always made tomato juice and sauce when I was young as well, and I'm really looking forward to the aroma filling my kitchen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails