Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finished Embroidery Panel


I did it. Sorry if you'd worked out some really good names to call me, you'll have to wait till next time I put something off for way too long. I'm sure that won't be too far off.
The quote is a joke from a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie. The whole quilt is sort of a MST3K collage, with this panel as sort of the focus. The area of the writing is about 20X15. I used my multiposition hoop, and it still took me fifteen rehoopings to do it all.
I also got two pairs of flannel jammie pants cut out to make for Ben for Christmas. I don't think I'll get to sewing them up today, since I have a lot of cleaning to do. Ben hasn't been around much the last couple of days and so I haven't been much keeping up with the kitchen. It's getting much messier than I'd like, even with me just eating leftovers, so I want to really get everything cleaned up today.
I'm planning another article to write this morning as well. I'd also like to get the background piece of the MST quilt prepared so that we can move on to the next step of transferring the characters. Ben designed it to have the shadow of the characters across the bottom of the quilt, like Mike's pointing at the quote. There's also going to be a planet, which may or may not have the logo stitched on it, depending on what we decided and how much time I'm willing to spend digitizing. It should be pretty cool when it's finished.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, that is a lot of work but very cool!

Alison said...

PS - I've compiled a book of names to call you - so you just wait... your day will come!

Bethany said...

Do you really think you can top Stumpy the Wondermole? I might have to be a slacker, just to see.

Chantel said...

That's very nice, I just want to call it pretty. It must have take you a bit of time to do it. I am amazed by all the things you do, you must be a very talented and creative soul.

Bethany said...

Thank you Chantel.

It is a little complicated to set up a project like this, but after that's finished, it's pretty simple. I just have to let the embroidery machine do the work.

Alison said...

Yes, Stumpy the Wondermole and her beloved brother Thaddaeus the Turtle and their wonderful friend AliCat. We are a strange form of the animal kingdom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails