Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Flu

I'm feeling flu-ish today, and not really up to par. Well, actually, I was feeling more sick yesterday, with ear-aches, sore throat, and headaches. I think that I'm on the mend already though, because I don't feel fever-y or as ache-y today. So, I'll stick to some less strenuous housework, like laundry, and mainly plan to knit and drink orange juice. I certainly don't want to be sick later in the week.

It's Thanksgiving! That's always such a fun and special time for me. A long weekend with Ben and the chance to bake lots of yummy treats. We usually pick a project to do over the long weekend, and this year I think we'll clean out the garage and put up the Christmas decorations.

The quilt top is still just a border away from being finished. I'm having sewists' block, because I don't want to have to match the seams on the contrasting corner blocks. Yes, I realize that's ridiculous and kind of silly, but there you have it. Anyway, I am planning to finish the top by Thursday, so then we can lay out any quilting or additional embelishments. Especially since finishing it should take about ten minutes at this point.

We've been getting Oz, from HBO, through our netflix for the last several weeks. And now we're at the last season, so we'll probably have a marathon and finish the whole season in one go on Friday or Saturday as well. I'm excited to find out what will happen, since it's such an interesting story. But I don't actually recommend watching it, because I'm pretty sure it's a near occasion of sin just to watch it, what with all the violence and sexualness and the occasional naked man. Really, highly inappropriate, but Ben wanted to keep watching it, and I'm afraid I don't often need much encouragement giving in to temptation when it comes to a really interesting story. I suppose if I really wanted to try to be good, I wouldn't finish the series and never knowing what happens would be my penance. I guess I'm just not that good. Anyone else find that it's difficult to deny yourself inappropriate entertainment?

There's lots of sunshine and I heard some birds chirping already, and I'm feeling quite chipper despite the virus and sore throat. I might get right into my sewing room and finish up that quilt top. Or I might end up watching tv all morning while I knit. You never know with me... I'm wily like that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope you're really on the mend and that you can have a fun weekend. Take it easy!

Lidian said...

Oh, I hope that you feel better very very soon!

Marion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marion said...

I completely understand what you mean about innapropriate entertainment. I just read Twilight...all today...and while that is far less graphic than Oz, it cannot be termed high-brow. I could almost feel my brain cells screaming and dying throughout the day. Guilty pleasures.

Bethany said...

Thanks for the well wishes. It was a bug that passed very quickly, so I'm grateful for that. I was feeling completely better by yesterday afternoon.

Marion, I love those books! I have an inner fourteen year old, and she's in love with Edward. But my inner seventeen year old loves Jacob. It's conflicting, I tell you.

Marion said...

Glad you are feeling better. I am going to read the rest of the books this weekend. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails