Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Stocking" Up

Well, the holiday weekend is almost over, and I'm going to miss it. Though the house and kitchen always stay much cleaner if I'm sticking to my regular routine. After mass this morning, we went grocery shopping and came home to some more yummy leftovers for lunch.

I set up bread in the breadmaker to bake and set up the turkey carcass to boil for stock. We'll have lots of really flavorful turkey broth once it's simmered all afternoon. I baked some eggs in a dish to cut into slices for breakfast burritos this week, and now all is quiet and Ben's playing his video game, so I think that I might hear a nap calling me. A decadent way to spend the last afternoon of our mini-vacation at home.

I have busy plans for the week ahead. I want to finish Dan's quilt, and put out the Christmas decorations, finish knitting Ben's new hat and matching gloves and sew the covers for all the microwave corn bags I made two weeks ago, plan some Christmas presents and get started on the homemade parts, bake muffins and make creme brulee (we always have lots of egg yokes, because we mainly eat the whites when we have scrambled eggs and such, and cream was on sale for $2 a pint, so I figured it would be a great time to try to make some. I love it, but I've never made it), can cranberry sauce and clean our bedroom really well, write an article everyday and think up another homemakers' t-shirt design.

I'm not sure if I'll get all that finished, but those are my goals for the week, and if I find myself slacking off in front of the computer, I can pick one and work on that instead.

I'm also issuing a little challenge to myself involving vegetables. I've been concerned that we don't eat enough vegetables, so this week the goal is for us each to eat a salad every day. Nothing big or all that special, just a nice green salad at least once during the day. It can be with lunch or dinner or just as a snack, but that's the goal. And to take care of the fruit, I got a 4lb bag of oranges at aldi, that just happened to have 10 oranges in it, so that's an orange a day for each of us during the week as well. I know it's a little silly, but we just don't eat nearly as many fruits and vegetables as we should be.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Well good luck with the eating more fruits and vegetables. I hope it goes well, they are good for you.

Bethany said...

I know, it shouldn't be so hard, right? I guess I just have always liked other stuff so much more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails