Monday, December 08, 2008

Ouch!

Today is sort of sucking so far. I had nightmares all night and woke up in the middle of a bad dream about my dad falling, so I was all upset and disoriented before I was even out of bed. Then Ben was in a terrible mood because of hassles with work and all.

Then, on the way out to go to mass, Ben warned me that the steps were really slippery, because it had sleeted, and everything was pretty much coated in clear ice. So, I carefully walked to the steps, held to the corner of the house (we don't have a railing... maybe we should fix that?) and preceeded to slam onto my butt and slide down all the steps and into the path on my tailbone.

Luckily, I don't think I did any big damage, just lots of bruises and stiffness. I'm sure I'm going to be crazy sore tomorrow. An the side and top of my left hand is already a very lovely purple color. Ugh. I'm so clumsy.

But I had a really nice time at church, because the kids were there today and it was so cute to see them all in their little school uniforms and see them doing all the readings and such in the mass. It reminded me of when I was in elemetary school and we'd go to mass every Wednesday morning.

So, things started off rough, and I feel a little like hiding under the covers before something else gets me, but I think I'll do something warm and quiet instead, like read a book or do some embroidery. I sure am glad I didn't break any bones, anyway!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry your day started out so badly. Have some hot coco with extra marshmellow's...

Bethany said...

Thanks... it did get better, though I stay very sore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails