Monday, January 05, 2009

Menu for 1-4 to 1-10

I've been in the mood to try new recipes and make some new things lately, so this menu has more new to us things than usual. I've also been craving mexican foods and flavors like crazy! And I tried making yogurt and yogurt cheese over the weekend, so I've got some interesting uses for those things that I want to try as well.

Sunday
L: Refried bean quesadillas (Okay, my version of refried beans is really just cooking some pintos and then smashing them with cooked onion and seasonings, but they still are yummy! Better for us than the lard in a can version, right?)
D: Homemade Pizza Night!

Monday
B: Homemade Granola Bar and Yogurt
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Pumpkin Pie (A belated New Year's celebration)

Tuesday
B: Deviled Eggs (I'm experimenting with yogurt and yogurt cheese in place of mayo to make this into a healthy, quick breakfast. I'll let you all know how that goes.)
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Chicken pot pie filling from the freezer heated and served over biscuits

Wednesday
B: Deviled Eggs
L: Leftover Chicken and Biscuits
D: Nacho Salad (This is going to be an experiment too... I'm planning to make a layered dip with the healthy refried beans layer, a seasoned yogurt cheese layer, smashed avocado layer, chopped tomato layer, shredded sharp cheddar layer, a lot of shredded romaine on top, and chopped green onion, served with homemade corn tortillas cut into chips and baked till crispy. This is my attempt at giving the nutrition in my favorite meal of nachos a boost. I usually just bake the store bought chips with shredded cheese on top, and then eat them with guacamole, but this should be way healthier.)

Thursday
B: Oatmeal
L: Chicken and Rice
D: Eggs and Toast

Friday
B: Oatmeal
L: Salad with Chicken Chunks and black beans and corn
D: Homemade Pizza Night!

Saturday
B: Crepes
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Finish up the snacky foods left in the freezer from the New Years Eve Snack Buffet.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Chantel said...

Your version of refried beans sounds good.

Bethany said...

They are tasty. I don't usually bother with the "frying" part, but what I make is really pretty similar to the recipe for refried beans on Tammysrecipes.com in case you're looking for a recipe. Her site is just awesome for great recipes.

chicory cottage said...

i like your idea about the nacho layered dish...any hopes that you could do a separate post on that and explain how it goes together in more depth? i'm still a novice in the kitchen! thanks!

Bethany said...

Sure! I'll post some pics later in the week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails