Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pillowcase Pants.

I got a ton done yesterday! I started at the top of my pile and worked my way down. Julie mentioned that this was ambitious of me, but I couldn't help but feel that it would be more virturous not to have a "pile" at all.

Anyway, I finished two aprons for my mom, one a work apron (she's a waitress) and one a kitchen apron from dishtowels, mended some workout pants for me, and added a patch pocket for my mp3 player to a pair of workout pants that had no pockets.

Then, I made a pair of wide legged capri style jammie pants for myself out of a set of pillowcases.



I got these pillowcases at a little "quilt" shop that was more vintage fabric junk shop that was not far from a house we were considering when we moved here. The owner seemed really nice, so I wanted to pick something to buy and the set was only $3. Then, after I'd paid and we were chatting, she got very racist and said some things about how nice it was to live around only white people. I was shocked and pretty much just left, and I still wish I'd given her a piece of my mind! I'm glad we didn't pick that house! BUT, they were pretty cute pillowcases and they make even cuter pants.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Those pillow case pants are absolutely adorable! You are so talented. :)

Bonnie Story said...

I love the cheerful flower border and cool retro colors!! I had that same thing happen the other day when I went to make a Craigslist purchase. The seller was an adorable young lady and we were briefly chatting about our various CL experiences. She came out with a really ugly thing to say, a mean racial slur about a huge body of people, and I thought: she doesn't know if that includes me or not- !!! What if it did, I'd be so offended! So, I just took my stuff and split. I was so disappointed. Like you, I felt I should have said something. I was just so knocked out by what she said, I didn't get a grip at the time and just left. It really just hurts everybody when people say stuff like that. Very ugly. Anyway, good job conquering a project "pile" - that's inspiring me to attack my pile o' stuff here. Thanks!

Kathie said...

Those pants are awesome!

Mama Kelly said...

What a great idea!!! I wish I knew how to use my mother's old sewing machine as I have so many old pillow cases that need a new life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails