Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Are you ready?


I scheduled applesauce muffins for breakfast the rest of the week, and I decided to start getting prepared for Valentine's Day. I also was really glad to take advantage of the chance to use the lovely heart shaped muffin pan that my east coast in-laws gave me for Christmas.
Today was the monthly homemaker's meeting. It was a very nice time, and the lady hosting had her house decorated so nicely for Valentine's. There were red hearts all over, it was nice to see. I love to decorate for the little holidays too.
There were thunderstorms and high winds and heavy rains all last night and today, so things outside are completely soggy. The chickens are fairly well sheltered, so we don't have any mad wet hens. They seem to hate the snow much more.
I think there's something living in the attic, and I'm tempted to let the cats up to get it, but I'm sure that would just compound things when I end up with a cat stuck in the attic and living up there. Live traps, it is, I guess.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Those look yummy! I have some heart muffin tins too, a wedding gift, and I love pulling them out from time to time. Red Chief is old enough to get a kick out of them now, too!

Bethany said...

I just love the fun shapes. I would SO love a set of shamrock shaped muffin pans. I have pumpkin shaped ones that I do pumpkin bread and corn bread in the fall. I think a shamrock pan would be lots of fun for Irish Soda Bread!

It's so great that your little guy likes those small touches that you make. You're giving him lots of fun memories!

Adam J. said...

that tarp is so getto! LOL :-)

Bethany said...

Dude. I think you mean rural. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails