Friday, February 27, 2009

Do Your Civic Duty!

We're going to have a little poll today on BeppyCat&Co. I decorated a practice cake yesterday to work out some ideas for the Baby Shower cake that I'm going to be making in a couple of weeks in MI for my sister in law. I divided the cake into quadrants and decorated each in a different way, and now you get to vote!!
Here is Choice A: Flowers in Swags with a Bottom Shell Border
The swags would most likely be longer and slightly deeper on the actual cakes, I was just sizing them to fit into my quadrant.

Choice B: Scattered Flowers with an "E-motion" bottom border

Choice C: Top and Bottom Borders of Flowers


And this one isn't in the running at all. I am really really terrible at string work, but I had another quadrant to fill, so I thought I'd try it. It is definately not going on the actual cakes.
So, there will be three cakes, displayed on this cake stand, and I was planning to decorate them all to match, unless you guys think having an odd one out would be really awesome.
Vote for your favorite style on the poll in the sidebar, or comment if you'd really like to argue for your favorite. I do reserve the right to override the vote if the mommy-to-be expresses an opinion, or if I suddenly decide one is easier than all the rest. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Alison said...

I like #1

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I am voting for C. But I like them all! I love the cake stand too...simple but elegant and will really show case the cakes nicely. I have done several fancy cakes over the years. But with three kids, I tend to do more fun cakes, like sponge bob, dirt and worms with a dump truck, and a kitty litter box cake that was a hoot for a teen party. I'll have to post about them sometime.

molly said...

I like choice #1. You do great work!

Sarah said...

I like B best, but I would probably do a border along the top edge too. Beautiful flowers! I'm sure your SIL will love it.

Bonnie Story said...

I guess I'm a traditional girl at heart. I love cake C! People pay big, huge bucks for wedding cakes and I so appreciate all the thought and skill you have to do this. Wow. The shot of all your candy flowers the other day sent me to la-la land! How many of those could I fit in my mouth at once? 25? 35? Tee-hee.

Kathie said...

I like the C the best, though they're pretty and I'm sure all yummy.

Evelyn Masters said...

Can I just be difficult and say that I really like the e motion bottom border on choice b but I liked the flower swags on choice a. That being said I think that all of them look great even the last one. I thnk that you are really good at cake decorating. I wouldn't be able to do that!

I love your blog by the way!

Julie said...

I like C the best. And I love your new banner. :)

Bethany said...

Thanks everyone for voting and for your kind words!

Blue Castle said...

Hope I'm not too late, but I like C too. You've done a great job. Very impressive. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails