Friday, February 13, 2009

I cleaned the heck out of my room.



It was actually much messier than I thought it was. But I dusted and polished and swept and mopped, sorted and cleaned and decluttered and put away. It really did take all morning, but I finished around 1, and I'm so happy with the results. I think Ben was pretty glad to see everything so clean and organized as well.
It's easy to forget to clean the bedroom, since company doesn't usually see it, and we ourselves don't actually spend much time in there, compared to the more common rooms of the house. But it's an important room to keep organized. The bedroom is where we start and end our days, and where couples spend time alone together. It's where we relax and rest and actually where I do a lot of my planning, since I like to think through projects as I'm falling asleep or waking up. I think those things are all worthy of taking place in a lovely organized space, with lots of pretty things to look at.
I think that I will spend the morning today embroidering, and finishing the audiobook I'm listening to. This afternoon, I'm going to get things ready for pizza night (grate the cheese, chop veggies, make the dough) and maybe bake a surprise for Valentine's Day. I didn't get Ben a gift, because he says Valentine's is for girls... as in, it's a time for boys to get girls presents and girls to be spoiled. But I did do the huge spring cleaning job on our room as a sort of a gift to him, and I'll bake a special treat as well. I'm thinking chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing. That's one of his favorite treats.
In addition to Valentine's Day tomorrow, this is also a three day weekend, thanks to Presidents' Day on Monday. Yay, three day weekend! Ben said maybe we'd take a drive and go on a day trip sometime, so I think I'll also get some snacks together for that. Like cut veggies, bread for pb&j and sliced cheese. I'm eagerly looking forward to getting this weekend started!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Bonnie Story said...

Wow! Great job! I really like your bed - is that a family piece? Is really pretty, also the lovely wood floors. You are so right about the power of clean, open spaces when it comes to feeling inspired and energized. I think your hubby will be very pleased, it's a great present! Very inspiring! Bonnie

molly said...

your bedroom is so pretty! I love your spot light flashlight in the corner. . .every country girl needs one of those! ha ha

Blue Castle said...

Your bedroom is awesome! So big, and pretty, too. :) Good job cleaning it up.

Bethany said...

Bonnie, thanks. It just looks like an heirloom, we bought it a few years ago when we moved to AZ. It's huge, I know, but we both just really like old-fashioned things.

Molly, I just couldn't put it away, we always need it! Having it right by the bed and the door is really best when the power goes out. But I know it doesn't really fit the "decor".

Sarah, thanks. It's nice to have a big room, but that's why it's a big job to clean too!

Julie said...

I think that's the cleanest room I've ever seen!

Bethany said...

No way! I've been in your mom's house, remember?

Related Posts with Thumbnails