Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Best Laid Plans

One more fun picture: The Salgats circa 1986 around the time of Wayne's high school graduation. I'm thinking of getting my hair cut like that again. (I'm the bowl cut/gap toothed one)
Yesterday I did a lot more work ahead stuff for the cake and cut a ton of fondant decorations to make the toppers. That took the morning, but other than that, sad to say, I didn't get much else done except some knitting. I watched Places in the Heart, which really explained those childhood memories of having to get the cotton in to keep from losing our house. I didn't think that really happened....
I made a batch of laundry detergent (for now, I use Fels Naptha for the bar soap, but I'd like to learn to make my own bar soap this summer and use that instead) this morning, since I used the last of it yesterday and I didn't want to leave Ben without any. I'm leaving on Friday and I won't be back for ten days, so I've got lots of organizing and packing to do before then. I've got some sewing projects that I want to finish today as well. Mostly just some alterations and mending, but I'm also planning a bigger project involving a jumper and a shirt becoming a dress.
I want to make a big batch of muffins for breakfasts the rest of the week and for Ben to have while I'm out of town. I have a lot of pumpkin puree in the freezer still, so I'm going to experiment with my applesauce muffin recipe and see if I can just substitute pumpkin in it for the applesauce. We'll see how it goes.
We've been doing lots of garden planning, and Ben's hoping that he'll be able to get some ground ready for greens and lettuces and onions soon. I guess that's a pretty important lesson for us to remember in the fall: make sure to leave the lettuce beds ready when we put the garden to bed.
It's supposed to get warmer this week, which is good because the chicken coop really needs mucking out. I haven't worried about it too much, because it's so cold, it all stays frozen, but it's about a week or two past due, so I've got to be sure to do that before I go. Luckily, Ben bought himself a wheelbarrow on his birthday with some gift cards from his family, so now the coop mucking will be a fraction of the trouble it has been in the past.
I'd better get sewing, since finishing those projects was the main thing on my to do list today. I've been telling Ben my main goals in the morning, to hold myself a bit more accountable, so I want to be finished when he comes home to show off my sewing. Plus, it was his idea to fix the shirt in question by making a dress, so we'll see how that turns out.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails