Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Cute Way to Present Food Gifts

I delivered some Irish Soda Bread to a few of the neighbors, and I took advantage of one of my favorite ways to wrap/present breads. I like this idea because there's not a lot of extra packaging the recipient has to wonder what to do with, and it's pretty down right cheap. I had everything I needed on hand and didn't have to buy a special basket/box/container.

I wrapped the bread with plastic wrap, pulling all the corners and edges to the back and fastening with a small piece of tape.


Then I used scrap pieces of scrap booking paper to cut bands to wrap around the edges of the bread, and make little tags for the tops.

I think the neighbors enjoyed them almost for the cuteness factor as they did for the taste.

For more of my food gift ideas, you can check out my article on the subject:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/461182/packaging_homemade_food_gifts.html?cat=24

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1223108/make_food_gifts_for_christmas.html?cat=22

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

That is a fantastic idea! I never would have thought of that. Do you have ideas for regular rectangle loafs? I give a lot of those away. I'll check out the articles.

Bethany said...

Jennifer, thank you! I don't know that I can take complete credit, since I know I've seen things like that in magazines before, but I'm very happy to pass it along.

For regular loaf pan shaped bread, I'd probably do the same, but run the decorative band around the middle of the bread, like a "bread belt" and then make a pretty label or sticker to put in the middle of that on top, like a seal on a ribbon of a gift. I'm sure there are probably some other really cute ways of doing it too. Please let us know if you come up with any!

Blue Castle said...

That's brilliant! It looks so cute, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails