Friday, March 06, 2009

Fixing Dry Hands

My hands have been dry and flaking all winter. I remember the lotion, I exfoliate, and I pat, not rub with towels. But I still haven't really been able to fix them. I know that if you slather on the lotion before bed, and then put on cotton gloves, it can make a world of difference. The same works for feet and cotton socks, and I do that one all the time. Well, having never been in marching band, I didn't have easy access to white cotton gloves. So, here's a little project that I made the other day among some other mending and refashioning.
White cotton hand-saving mittens! I made these from an old white t-shirt that was too stretched out to wear. All I did was line my hand up with the bottom of the t-shirt, so I could use the ready made hem as the cuff of the mitten, trace around, cut out, and sew together. I made two pairs out of the bottom of the shirt, used the long sleeves to make fingerless mitten undersleeve type things, and still have the top half of the shirt to use, in case I want more cotton mittens.

I'm going to be headed out of town today to spend a week with my parents and my brothers and sisters and their families. I don't know if I'll be posting much. I might try posting using my phone, but sprint recently put a bunch of advertising junk on those posts, and they don't work so well. I do have lots of projects to show, though they might have to wait till I get back on the 16th. I hope everyone has a great week!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Worknprogress said...

Wishing you safe travels and loads of fun with your friends and family!

Good luck on the cake baking/decorating!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Those are fantastic! I am going to have to make some. Enjoy your trip and time with your family!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails