Friday, March 20, 2009

Organizing the Kitchen and St. Patrick's Embroidery


Here's one of my latest finished projects. I'm planning to make this into a tray cloth like the one for last month. I'd like to get it done today, but first I'll have to pick up some green ricrac to trim and finish the edges.

This morning Ben and I went over to the Our Lady of the Snows Shrine for confession. We've been talking about going more often, and figured that Lent would be a pretty good time to start. We actually didn't find the confessional in time for me to go in as well, because the priest followed him right out in order to get ready for mass, so Ben's the only absolved one for now. But they have confession twice a day at that church, plus our own church offers it every Saturday, so there's not much of an excuse for me not to go soon.

When we got back home, I cleaned up a lot of things in the garage, since it's trash day. Ben had done a ton of cleaning and organizing in there while I was away, but there were some more boxes to go through and decide about. I think that we might finally have everything sorted well enough that everything in the garage actually belongs in the garage. That seems like quite an accomplishment to me.

My big project for the day is to clean off some of the kitchen counters and to sort a few of the cabinets. I started yesterday and got about halfway through the job before I got really sick of it, so I've got to finish today. I definately can't leave it the way it is, because right now it's in that middle of a task everything looks even messier than it did before state. And we're having company over tomorrow, so I would like for it to get cleaned up before then.

I'm sort of at a loss when it comes to where to keep what things though. My bottom cabinets are just big spaces with shelves at the back, so I'd love pull out drawers. Until that happens though, I thinking about using a big basket to hold all the small lunch containers and things. If I did that, I would be able to pull them all out at once to choose what I need or put things away.

My main problem, I suppose, is that I'm pretty terrible at decorating, so I never know what looks okay or not out on shelves and everything. It's kind of frustrating for me to know whether to leave things out like they're decorative or try to put them away and forget about them in the back of a cupboard. Argh. I don't want to finish this job! :D

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Blue Castle said...

Your little leprechaun is adorable! I love how embroidery looks. Can you believe it's the first day of Spring? Hurray! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails