Monday, March 09, 2009

Still Having Fun!

I've been having lots of fun all weekend hanging out with my parents and my brothers and sisters and nephews and niece.

My dad and I watched a really interesting show about the Star of Bethlehem the other night, and my niece and I spent a great time at Joann Fabrics looking at all the patterns and picking one for her First Communion dress. Adam and I went out to dinner tonight and went shopping, and I got to see my sister Donna win at volleyball.

I just wanted to check in while I had the access to the internet, since I probably won't have any access for the rest of the week. I have scheduled a post for later in the week linking to my corned beef and cabbage method so anyone who wants to try it will be able to be ready for St. Patrick's Day.

I start the cake decorating process tomorrow, with using royal icing to glue sticks to my dried fondant shapes, Wednesday is going to be a super big baking day with Adam, making muffins and breakfast sandwiches for his freezer stash, and including the cakes for the shower. Thursday we frost! And then, on Friday, I'll do all the decorating and piping. I just hope we can drive them all the way across MI to Ben's parents' house without any disasters and frosting smashing. I'm no Duff.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time! :)

Bonnie Story said...

Sounds like a wonderful and busy time! Time with family means a lot. Make sure you take cake pictures, and it would be fun to see some steps from the dress creation process. I learn a lot on your blog. Best of luck with all your endeavors!

Related Posts with Thumbnails