Tuesday, April 07, 2009

April's Embroidered Tray Cloth and Other Doings

Here's the embroidery for my April tray cloth. I'm planning to get the edges finished today so that I can have it on my serving tray tomorrow while I'm playing hostess.

I have lots of things to do to prepare for that, baking the desserts and mopping all my floors. I also get the rearrange the furniture, which should be interesting, since I've only moved and cleaned behind one of the pieces of the sectional once. The rest get cleaned regularly, but the biggest piece probably has cat sized furballs living under it. Ugh.

I'm listening to an interesting book named Austenland on my mp3 player right now. I should finish it this morning while I clean and bake. It's about a woman who's obsessed with Mr. Darcy from the BBC Pride and Prejudice and goes on a trip to a place where they immerse you in Austen's Regency setting, in an attempt to get over her obsession. It's funny in places and pretty interesting. Julie, this is an official recomendation to you! I think you'd like it. And while the reader isn't as good as some I've heard, she's okay, and there have been places where I've laughed out loud.

We figured out the porch situation while we were at Home Depot last night, so when Ben gets home this evening, he's going to install our new railing for me. I'm glad that we'll have one, since we've both fallen down those stairs before, and they're kind of treacherous in the wet or snowy weater. And it'll be especially good to have one before the homemakers' club comes, since quite a few of those ladies have replaced knees or hips or use canes. I hope that installation goes smoothly and it's sturdy enough to hold a person. I can't even imagine what a nightmare it would be if it were to give way and make someone fall. It makes me shudder to think of it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Your new cloth is very cute!

I've read Austenland. It's by one of my favorite authors, although it's one of my least favorite books by her. It's fun, though.

Bethany said...

Thanks!

I liked the ending. The whole book, I was thinking that's what she should be looking for. Anyway, I'll have to check out some more of her books, if the others are better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails