Wednesday, April 08, 2009

They should make me chief safety officer

I'm feeling very impressed with myself and with my husband today. I can't believe I got my entire list finished yesterday, and my house is about as clean as it's going to get. Not only all that, but we managed to work together yesterday evening to put together the railing and bolt it to the porch with no swearing from him, or indignation from me. That's really going some when the two of us do anything involving tools.

I've got my drinks and desserts all set up and the cats locked away in the master bedroom suite with their food and water, so everything's all set for the meeting that I'm hosting. Now, just to figure out how to serve ice without ice tongs. I always thought they were useless little things!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Wow! Glad you got it all done! :)Have a wonderful time with the other homemakers. :)

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Way to go! I'm impressed. I hope you have a great day. Good luck with your get-together.

Worknprogress said...

Hurrah for you (and your Hubbie too!) Rail looks quaint!

I am so jealous of your homemaker's club. Is there some way you could do live feed via the net for those of us who follow your blog? :o)

Serving ice...is there a tiny, charming glass you have (maybe a high ball type) or maybe a ladel that isn't in use that could be put into scooping duty??

Marion said...

Oooh, I agree with Work, I would love to see or for you to tell us about your homemakers club. There is nothing like that around here. I wish there were!

Bethany said...

Thanks ladies! Everything went well, and I'll be sure to write more about the club in a future post.

And I just served the ice with a big spoon. That worked pretty well!

Melonie said...

OOOOO fancy! The railing looks awesome. Aren't you two just the DIY'ers. ;-)

I am voting with Work and Marion - homemakers club for all! (This was up for a vote, right? heehee)

Alison said...

Eh, be realistic, use your fingers. Who needs ice tongs!?

Bethany said...

Melonie, just called us Tim and Al.

Ali, dude! I know! But I did put the ice in a mason jar, so after a point that won't precisely work. Not to mention, this isn't really the crowd for that... they were sure to point out that I shouldn't have the lid on my little creamer thing!

Blue Castle said...

Your railing looks really nice. Good job on getting it up with no frustration. :)

I'd love to hear more about your homemakers club, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails