Thursday, May 07, 2009

Cloverfield

Okay, so you know how every so often I like to try to think of a name for our house, because all the cool houses and farms have names? Like Green Gables. And The Hermitage. Well, we were watching the John Adams mini-series last night, and he named his farm Peacefield. I really like that, so I thought maybe something-field would be a good name for our place. And I came up with Cloverfield, because we have so much lush beautiful clover.
I really liked the ring of it.
BeppyCat of Cloverfield...
Eggs fresh from Cloverfield Farm...
Then I realized that that's the title of a movie that came out last year that was about monsters or some such.
Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Because BeppyCat of Flat-Rectangle doesn't really have that romantic sound.

What else have I been up to other than daydreaming about naming my house? Oh, this and that. I wrote an article for Associated Content today, and I visited with our neighbor. I've been sketching more designs for homemaking themed t-shirts. I'm hoping to have one or two finished and loaded onto cafepress by tomorrow.


I pulled out my jewelry making supplies and put together most of rosary as a gift for Julia's First Communion. I've got to get to Hobby Lobby and pick up the centerpiece and a cross in gold, since the only ones I have on hand in my supplies are silver and pewter.

This morning I needed one last egg to finish the dozen my neighbor had requested, so I went out to the coop earlier than usual to see if there were any yet, and one of my hens was just getting out of the box when I opened the door. The egg was still hot! Which was cool, yet very creepy all at the same time, seeing as it had just that instant come out of her. I suppose that even for me, who collects the eggs right from their coop, there's a bit of a disconnect between the hen and the egg usually.

Our Amish Snap Peas have sprouted, and so has the first batch of radishes. I've got lots of onions coming up through the straw in their section, and the herbs in their herb bed all seem to be really settling in and getting ready to do some growing. I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to be hearing the sound of the canning jars doing their pinging thing, but I suppose it's a bit soon for that right now. But remind me of it in August, when the last thing I want to see is my jar tongs and the canning pot.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Julie said...

I like the name. I think I'm going to name my house dandelion field. :)

Bethany said...

That would be a pretty good name too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails