Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Day Off



Yesterday, after I spent the day making laundry soap, deep cleaning and scrubbing the master bathroom, making apple pie, and freezing extra dinners, I said to Ben that I was going to take today mostly off, just doing my regular chores and the laundry, and nothing much else.
This morning I woke up with my neck seizing/cramping up, unable to move my head more than an inch or so in any direction. I don't know if I've overdone it with the work I've been doing, or if I just slept funny, or if some one event caused a pinched nerve or pulled muscle.... but I do know that I'm taking today off, whether I like it or not.
I'm not really superstitious, but we'll just call this the third in a run of bad luck and hope that's over for now. The first was that we scratched the neighbors' truck kind of bad when we borrowed it this past weekend, and we'll have to pay to fix that out of our savings. The second is that the transmission on the car blew out and will have to be replaced (it's under warranty, thank God) and we are completely without a vehicle until Tuesday. So, in case superstitions are real, I'm calling this injured neck number three, and hoping the bad luck will just leave me alone for a while now.
If anyone needs me, I'll be pouting on the couch in a stiff position, feeling sorry for myself. :(

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Worknprogress said...

Oh no! Life's been handing you some fat lemons lately! I hope
you are feeling better in short time and can enjoy the rest the afternoon.

Or maybe this is God's way of helping you rest now, cause this summer's garden is going to be plentiful and you'll need lots of strength for that! :O)

Take care...
Whit

Bethany said...

Thank you. I did pretty much nothing but rest yesterday, and while it's not 100%, it's better than it was.

Related Posts with Thumbnails