Friday, May 29, 2009

Studying

I haven't been sleeping all that well this past week. Well, I slept so hard last night! It was wonderful to sleep so deeply after sleeping so fitfully for a number of nights in a row.

My neck is still sore. It's definately not 100%, but it's not nearly so bad as it was when I woke up yesterday, so I'm seeing improvement. I figure there's no reason to drag a dr. into it as long as there's some improvement as I go along.

My plan for the day is to do all the laundry. That's a fairly not strenuous chore, and it's piled up this week, with needing more laundry soap and then my neck yesterday. So that's the job I've given myself, and Ben says he'll take care of the rest.

Since I don't really want to just sit around doing nothing the rest of the time while the laundry washes and dries, I'm going to study. I've got a number of books from the library that I haven't really gotten the chance to go through, so I'm going to check and see if any need to be kept and read more in depth.

Also, we got a new lawn mower this weekend! But I have no idea how to drive it, because it's a manual transmission, so I have to study the book and see if i can pass my lawn mower's driving test some time next week. So far I've learned just from looking at the pictures on the key chain that came with the key that you are not supposed to back over children and mow off their legs. And that the manufacturers assume that men will be doing the mowing (hence the warning not to back over children? I know that some people have low opinions about a man's ability to pay attention, but I'd assume it's not that bad).

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Blue Castle said...

A new lawn mower! Does this mean no more push mowing for you? :) I've always admired how you did that. You're like SuperWoman. :) I did it for one and a half summers in our tiny yard and man, did it wear me out.

Hope your neck is better!

Bethany said...

Yep, we saved up enough and got one! I'm mostly glad because now I'll have energy left over for the garden, and won't all have to get used up on mowing the lawn.

I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails