Thursday, June 04, 2009

First Fruits

Admitedly, these radishes weren't nearly ready to pull yet, but they got in the way of my carrot thinning, so I made examples of them. Tasty examples.
I had mashed up strawberries left from this past weekend's strawberry shortcake, so I decided to try my hand at fruit leather. A quart of applesauce and the same or slightly less of mashed strawberries yielded two sheets of roll-ups. I left them right on the parchment paper when they finished, and rolled them up like that for storage. I want to call it Strapple Leather, but Ben says that sounds too much like Scrapple, and is gross. Though AppleBerry would be better for marketing, I'm not in the marketing business, so Strapple it is.
Here's the embroidery I started the other day. It's the latest in the series of holiday and seasonal banners that I've been working through since last year. The green fabric is basted on to make the banner wide enough to fit into the hoop. I wanted to get a move on this one, because the "Spring" one that's hanging on the wall right now is looking slightly outdated against the sunshine outside and the June dates on the calendar.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Alison said...

I've still got to get around to using my dehydrator. I'll have plenty of time this summer, so I'm going to be a dehydrating fool

Bethany said...

So you'll be foolishly dehydrating things? Like the cat? Run Brimley!

:)

Did you see what I did to the strawberries a little way down? Now I can make strawberry flavored things with pure strawberry powder. It's weird, the things that make me happy.

Adam J. said...

Strapple leather sounds multifunctional, if you know what i mean!

Related Posts with Thumbnails