Thursday, June 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip


This was my solution to something healthy, quick, and cool, yet still high on protein to send in Ben's lunch today. Peanut butter yogurt dip, with dippers. I included carrot and celery sticks, cucumber slices, and pear slices dipped in lemon juice (to keep them from browning). I also sent along some whole grain crackers.
To make the dip:
Mix together well, until fully combined,
1 C. Low-Fat Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 C. All-Natural Peanut Butter
1 Tbs. (or a bit less) of Honey
This makes four servings of a bit less than half a cup.
Not to blow my own horn, but this is super tasty. I think I'm allowed to compliment my own cooking in this case, since it's not exactly rocket science to put together yogurt and peanut butter.
I used this super cool site to check the nutritional information, and it gaves Ben's lunch a B grade for nutrition. That sort of surprised me, because this is about one of the healthiest lunches I can come up with. Well, I never claimed to be a nutritionist. Just a good cook.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

B is still a good grade! :) I am with you...not a nutritionist, just a good cook. :) LOL I am going to try that dip for the kids...I bet they would enjoy it. Thanks! :)

Adam J. said...

I think you should of had some Reeces Sticks ready for the dip as well!

Bethany said...

Jennifer, it's a bit runny, so if that's a problem, maybe let the yogurt drain through a coffee filter for a few hours to thicken things up.

Adam, I'm thinking that Reeses Sticks don't actually need dip to make them yummy, right?

Adam J. said...

so how i think it can't hurt, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails