Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rolling Along


A number of months ago, I made a pair of jeans for my cousin's little boy who is really hard to fit. They fit him fairly well, but there still wasn't enough room across the seat for him, and they tore in the back seam so my aunt had to re-sew and reinforce them. I still owe her another pair, but I didn't want to just use the same pattern and I couldn't find instructions for adjusting the seat. Well, in the most recent Threads magazine, there's an article about making the back crotch seam of pants longer. Good timing, I thought, just when I needed to do it. Plus, I'd like to try the same adjustment on a pattern for pants for me, so practicing on the smaller ones will be good.
I made a lot of progress on my sock yesterday, and I think I might be able to finish it today. It's funny, I feel like it's almost finished, so I'd like to just sit and finish it, but there's other things that have to get done. Not to mention, there's still a couple hours worth of knitting to finish them. So, almost finished by sock time, but not really sit down and do it all at once time.
I might get to work on them a lot this afternoon though, because I've got to go work at a blood drive today, and they say it will probably be fairly slow. I guess there have been a glut of blood drives in our little town, so it's not likely we'll get a full turn out.
I found out last night that you can watch Antiques Roadshow and History Detectives full episodes on PBS.org. And I've been having my own marathon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

PK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alison said...

History Detectives!!! I love that show!

Bethany said...

I know! It's so great. There's a bunch to watch on the website.

Related Posts with Thumbnails